Raw Vegan Gluten Free Cheese Cake
A tasty, healthy guilt free dessert! Perfect for dinner with friends, coffee or a post ride treat.
The base is filled with lots of yummy foods with lots of health properties. Almonds are bursting with vitamin E, calcium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium. They a great for boosting energy, prevention of osteoporosis, improving skin complexion and strengthening the immune system.
NUT ALLERGIES STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS DESSERT – NUTS EVERYWHERE
Prep Time: 20 mins
Freezing Time: 2 hours
- 150g Whole Almonds
- 150g Pecans
- 50g Oats
- 3-4 tbsp organic unsweetned cocoa powder
- 100g Dates
- 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 400g Tin of Coconut Milk
- 100g of Dates
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon and lemon rind
- Handful of strawberries for outer edges for decoration
- Seasonal fruits for extra garnish (optional)
- Blend the almonds, pecans, oats, cocoa powder, dates, coconut oil in a food processor until ground down. It doesn’t have to be too fine, if there are still chunks of nuts left this is fine as you don’t want it to be too fine or else it won’t bind and set.
- Pour all the ingredients into a cake ring tin on a tray and push down until even and forms a smooth base.
- Wash and cut a handful of strawberries in half. Push the strawberry halves so they go around the outside of the cake ring.
- Blend the coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon rind,dates and coconut oil if you wish to use it and blend until it thickens. Taste to see if it is sweet enough, if you want to make it sweeter add a few more dates in or add a banana which will also thicken the mixture up.
- Once thick enough pour into cake ring evenly.
- Put in the freezer for 2 hours. Once it has set remove and leave at room temperature until is thawed through. You can add more seasonal fruits on top if you wish for garnish and then serve.
Cocoa powder- Just 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder contains 3 to 9 percent of the recommended daily intake of iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc. It helps the production of lots of feel good chemicals in the brain mainly dopamine and serotonin, resulting in cocoa containing mood-elevating properties and anti depressant properties.